About Escape Pod
Escape Pod is the original genre fiction podcast. The first Escape Artists show, launched in 2005 by Serah Eley, it’s become a cornerstone of the short science fiction market and is a Hugo Award finalist for Best Semiprozine.
Edited by Hugo and Campbell winner Mur Lafferty and Clarke Award finalist Valerie Valdes, Escape Pod specializes in science fiction of all forms. Its team works hard to make sure that, like all EA shows, they reflect the breadth and diversity of the field. They take pride in showcasing new authors as well as genre classics.
Escape Pod is a show for science fiction fans. With every episode a standalone, every episode is someone’s first. With hundreds of episodes to choose from, the team have assembled a page of particular standouts for new listeners.
Published weekly by Escape Artists Inc., Escape Pod is produced and distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works license.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:00 — 1.8MB)
EscapePod. The free Science Fiction podcast, brought to you by Escape Artists.
“I rippled a welcoming cadence of light beneath my skin. And then, seeing the newcomer was human, made my best approximation of a smile. Welcome to Helixor Transgalactic Lounge…”
Each week, one story, told well…
“She should have never come back to this gods forsaken junk heap of a space station… but she couldn’t help but miss it when she was away for too long…”
from the most astonishing and visionary storytellers of the genre
“But because time is a trick of the mind, it can be hacked, and we have gotten good at it. We had to…”
Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, or find us on the web at escapepod.org, and on Patreon under EAPodcasts.
Logo and Images
- Escape Pod uses the Tablet Gothic family of fonts, and Calluna for serif
- Links/primary: #3e6dc3
- Headers: #89e7fe
- Menus/navigation: #ffffff (white)
- Escape Pod is a 2021 and 2022 Ignyte Award finalist in the Best Fiction Podcast category
- Escape Pod is a 2021, 2020 and 2018 Hugo Award finalist in the Best Semiprozine category
- Escape Pod is a 2010, 2011, and 2017 Parsec Award finalist in the Best Magazine or Anthology category
- “Eater of Bone” by Robert Reed, narrated by Mat Weller. 2015 Parsec Award finalist (Small Cast, Novella and Long Form)
- “I Look Forward to Remembering You” by Mur Lafferty, narrated by Daisy Ottmann, Anna Eley, and Serah Eley. 2007 Parsec Award finalist (Fiction, Short Form)
- “The Watching People” by Paul Berger, narrated by Serah Eley. 2007 Parsec Award finalist (Fiction, Short Form)
- “Hero” by Scott Sigler, narrated by Serah Eley. 2006 Parsec Award finalist (Best Short Fiction)
Updated December 2022