EP041: Ambient Sleaze

By Jeffrey R. DeRego.
Read by Mur Lafferty (of Geek Fu Action Grip).

“Good god, who’d do something like that?” Sarah rummaged through her purse for a handkerchief but couldn’t seem to focus on the task. Her mind was consumed with images of Tony’s perforated body.

“Well, I’ve seen the Tony Autumn Show, so we’ve got an APB out on everyone with a sense of moral decency and every freak, transvestite, midget wrestler, incestuous dad, jilted lover…”

Rated R. Contains profanity, some physical violence, and violence against dignity.

1. Spork says:

This was the first one I couldn’t bear to listen to through to the end. The audio quality was terrible. I could hear the birds in the background sound more clearly than the narrator.

This should not have been released.

2. Spork says:

Sorry, my comment was intended for the One Million Years posting. My bad.

3. Steve Eley says:

Sorry it didn’t work for you, Spork. I actually agree with you that the audio quality on “One Million Years BFE” could have been improved, and it’s something we’re working on. Meanwhile, that piece was just too perfect to pass up for The Holiday That Shall Not Be Named.

4. Absolutely amazing… for once I can almost understand and appreciate daily talk shows… frightening.

I guess I’ll just continue to celebrate in my continued existence every day… and stop harassing people about… ya know… that show…

Rock on.

Beg-a-thon?

Hmmmmm… I’ll hold my tongue until I see what yours looks… sounds… like.

5. Trevor says:

You make a comment somewhat bristling about being called “amatuer.” I believe that word actuall means someone who does something primarily for the love of the subject rather than money, not necessarily someone who is totally unpaid or bad at something, and if you use that definition I think you guys meet it.

6. Michael says:

In this context:
    “amateur”–it’s a labor of love.
    “professional”–we’d pay you for it, if you were inclined so to demand. (And we do. And will.)

Re: “Ambient Sleaze”–what, the WWF and the NFL wouldn’t suffice?

Not a bad mixture of Jerry Springer and non-altruistic space opera.