EP028: Your Corporate Network and the Forces of Darkness

By Lucy A. Snyder.
Read by Rob Walch (of Podcast 411) with Mur Lafferty (of Geek Fu Action Grip).

Axedame agrees that the technology provides staffing solutions that have yet to reach public acceptance or full legality. “Undead workers are kind of a gray area as far as the feds are concerned. And you bet your boots the unions are fighting it. But since you don’t have to pay the dead minimum wage, the potential impact this could have on America’s bottom line is off the charts! We’re pretty sure we can get the government on board as long as the GOP stays in charge.”

Rated R. Contains profanity, violence, dark magic, and other typical sysadmin behavior.

Referenced sites:
Plot Patents
Slashdot Commentary
Look What I Found In My Brain!
SFFAudio

1. Chris says:

I just wanted to let you know that you, indeed, have at least one IT professional podcast listener. I like all the EscapePods, but I really liked this one because my Alma Mater was mentioned.
    Miskatonic U, Home of the Fighting Cephalopods – Go Pods!

2. I just had to pause this podcast to tell you what I have been meaning to say since practically your first ‘cast: I really utterly adore your da-da-da, it’s story time!” intro every time I hear it :)

Also, with big + free audio, do you know about libryvox at http://librivox.org/ ?

You keep this bedridden SF/F fan very happy – keep it up

Regards,
    Ricky
    [[ Please excuse odd mistakes or brevity, typed via on-screen keyboard ]]

3. Lee Goodman says:

I have sent the link to this podcast to most of my co-workers. All of whom would get the joke. I was listening to it on the way from from Thanksgiving at the inlaws. Nearly ran the van off the road when the “Spam” reference was made.

I must also confess, that the phrase “and now, it’s story time” suddenly hurtles me back to kindergarten and sitting on my mat at story time!

Keep up the excellent podcasts!

4. [...] The dog is recovering! More about PodcasterCon Women Warm the Bench? EatFeed Merry Christmas from the Heartbreakers, Pt. 1 Hear more Mur: Librivox Escape Pod Lessons From the Geek Fu Master Cafe Press shop is in the works. [...]

5. Puma says:

Working with IT professionals all day this has struck me an hilarious. Great job!

6. me es rojo caliente says:

i loved this one perfect combo of tech and magic!!!

7. Ralf says:

This story sounds like a normal business day for me, just like real life networking for different offices, schools and the occasional demon. . . . . just kidding, with the schools and offices of cause.

8. izzardfan says:

My husband’s car was at the repair shop so I picked him up from work. I listened to this on the way there (the drive and the podcast took about the same amount of time). He’s a SciFi fan as well, so I suggested listening to this on the way home. I kept having to back up my iPod a few seconds because his laughter was so loud he’d miss the next sentence. At the end, before Steve’s comment, I paused it. He said almost exactly the same thing as Steve, so I played that part, too, and we both laughed again.
    GREAT podcast!

9. izzardfan says:

Forgot to mention, my husband is an IT professional of some 20+ years.

10. [...] Netizens: Your Corporate Network and the Forces of Darkness [...]

I said it once I’ll say it again: capitalism shits on everyone(including the living dead)!