EP002: Feng Burger

By John Aegard
Read by Stephen Eley.
All stories by John Aegard.
All stories read by Stephen Eley.

The Chinese are particular about their designs, and for good reason. A design with good feng shui — one that satisfies the universe’s sense of metaphor — attracts chi, the energy that raises mountains and pushes rivers and draws good fortune near and keeps tax collectors far away. Whether by accident or design, no one can say, but the Burger Pods have potent feng shui. Where normal men would see nothing but gleaming stainless-steel cabinets and a charbroiling grill, a feng shui practitioner would see arms and hands, cradling the Burger Pod’s occupant and bathing her in chi.

Rated PG. Contains sexual innuendo, mild profanity, and food service employees slacking off.

1. al saiz says:

Excellent…the sound quality was great…I love the feng shui story line, I have friends that would probably feng shui their salads…you have friends like them too…you know…they wear birkenstocks with socks in winter..

2. BeeBot says:

This was a pretty weird story, but interesting.

I heard about your podcasts through Geek Fu Action Grip’s podcast. I love SciFi, keep up the good work.

3. SFEley says:

Glad you’re enjoying it! “Pretty weird, but interesting” is a good space for us. We’re happy to take it.

4. Thomas says:

This is a great example of a story that doesn’t let you down for an ending. Many stories you’ll read will build you up and build you up and they do an excellent job of building you up but the ending doesn’t fit with the rest.

This story is a slow burn that ends with a very creepy whisper.

A good light tale that ends on a dark note.

6. Splurgy says:

This is one of my favourite short stories. I just want to ask, though, did they continue where they were when they couldn’t return?