EP BONUS: Ancestor by Scott Sigler

Ancestor

As part of Scott’s _”Monday Bloody Monday”_ campaign, we’re giving you the full text of his novel for free.

The paperback will be available on April 1st. Scott wants to hit #1 that day by having everyone order from Amazon at noon Pacific time. So if you like what you’re reading, support him by buying the book!

1. Scott Sigler says:

Thanks Steve! I hope the EP fans enjoy the PDF.

2. Loz says:

Scott, how does this work for Brits, can we order it via amazon.co.uk or will it only work if we ordered it from amazon.com?

3. steve says:

Hi Loz and all

Here is the Amazon uk Link For Scott’s Book

Good Luck for the Number one spot Scott.

Regards
    Steve

4. steve says:

Ohhh err.. Apologies for the Double Post. ( A Case of Less Hast More Speed 😉 )

I See what Loz is saying now.
    Yes It appears the US and the UK sites do use there own site data for working out the number one spot. So I guess we would have to get it from the US site for it to count.
    Good luck any way

Regards
    😉

5. Mike says:

Steve,
    When I download, all pages are blank except the title.

6. DKT says:

So this may be an incredibly stupid question, but why is it Monday Bloody Monday? Isn’t April 1st Sunday?

7. arcsine says:

Hi Steve,
    Why isn’t there some excerpt or blurb of the book?

I have no idea what the book is about. So, I don’t have any reason to download it.

I really enjoy Escape Pod. So when you recommended the Stranger Things Video podcast, I went to it eagerly. But, I didn’t find Sigler’s Sacred Cows story ‘creepy,’ ‘unusually philosophical,’ or even very good.

Oh well, that was just one story, and perhaps I’ll become a big Sigler fan if I read some of his other work.

But, I’m not a fan right now, so an excerpt might give me a reason to download it.

8. Simeon says:

arcsine, it is a free book. enjoy it or don’t.

i think that the reason there is no blurb is that there is an assumption that most of us have already heard the podcast version. basically, it is an sci-fi thriller/creature horror novel about genetic researchers who, while trying to make a genetic ancestor animal for easy xenotransplantation, accidentally create an intelligent primordial predator species. to compound their problems, the biomedical firm these researchers work for is owned by ruthless psychopaths, who take corporate security to sme extreme measures. there is also some stuff with the CIA and a dog. all in all, it is a good time.

9. Lee Cherolis says:

So what were the numbers on Scott’s attempt at the charts? How well did Ancestor do?

10. JJ says:

hello
    im kinda new to sci-fi literature. just wanted to say thanks for making this available for download. I really enjoyed the book i found it really gripping.
    how many other books has Scott Sigler written?