EP012: Clean Up Your Room!

By Laura Anne Gilman.
Read by Mur Lafferty.
All stories by Laura Anne Gilman
All stories read by Mur Lafferty

“Jessy, put that away and come eat breakfast. You won’t get anything useful done on an empty stomach.” The voice was the usual gender-neutral computer-generated drone, and yet it sounded different to her this morning. Obviously, the tone modifiers Gregory had suggested were working, too. That was going to be a selling point for everyone yelping about the dehumanization of home life. In a few generations, they’d be able to personalize the voice, maybe even to customer order.

Rated G. Contains intense maternal nagging and disturbing chorework. May not be suitable for some adults.

1. al saiz says:

That baby is destined to have a podcast…congratulations on your gargantuan tyke… :)

2. Rick says:

Great story, Kinda kills my submission idea but thats okay… This one was better! It was also good to hear the Lovely and Talented Mur! She’s been busy, thats three podcasts I’ve heard her on this week! I’m thinking that means I’m listening to too many TSFPN casts LOL!

Anyway, Keep up the great work and I look forward to hearing more!

3. Codeshaman says:

Steve…excellent choice. I really enjoyed Staying Dead when I read it, and have been looking for more of Laura Anne Gilman’s work. And having Mur read it was a stroke of genius. Bravo!

4. You are one messed up dude… I love hearing stories of geeks dealing with kids, being a geek who has kids. Having Mur read was indeed a stroke of genius… kudos to both you for asking her to read and to Mur for more of her excellent vocal renderings of this language we call English.

5. Scott says:

I love your podcast and I thought Mer’s reading was great. I hope she does more for you in the future.

6. Howie Feltersnatch says:

Jebus, this was a terrible story. If I wanted to hear some overbearing mother yammering away and annoying me, I could just call home; no need to download a podcast. And would it have killed the author to have provided an actual ending instead of just letting it peter out?

My mind did nothing but wonder, but I’m not sure if its the story or I’m just tired.

8. [...] Clean Up Your Room! by Laura Anne Gilman [...]